Saturday, July 26, 2008

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Jennifer & Brant have pretty much summed up the past two days for us. This has truely been an adventure. This being my first time of really enjoying another country and culture beyond just being a tourist. I am proud to say I am taking part of Chile with me (figuratively, it would be illegal to bring it on the plane-plus overhead compartments are small!!). The comrodery I have experienced has been amazing. Both with the other two "gringo's" I have been living with for three weeks and with our Chilean comrades who have been so inviting and patient (due to our lack of Spanish). I know these are people that will be forever remembered and I am proud to call friends. My time here would definitally not have been as enriching if they were not part of it.

Jennifer and Brant have left for Santiago airport and the apartment seems too quite. I will spend the evening, no the night (it doesn't start until 12:00-midnight), at a rock concert. One of our Chilean friends is the lead singer in a band. I will continue my journey in Chile for another week. Hoping to see more of the amazing features of this country and take in all it has to offer.

No comments: