Monday, July 7, 2008

End of Day 2

Today we went to the university and got acquainted.  Humberto brought us to an outdoor market for lunch.  On our way in I saw the biggest stock of celery I have ever seen.
We had a nice lunch.  Everyone else had fish but I had cheese empanadas.
At the university we have our own office together and access to the lab.  Nicole and I also have special keys to the professor's restroom.
In the afternoon Humberto talked with us about some background information for us to understand to begin our research.  It focused on what really is a basic battery cell.  I was so happy that I was able to follow along with the information and actually understand the chemistry that was being discussed.  In my mind I was even thinking about labs I teach in CPC and how they are kind of connected.  Tomorrow we will learn how to use the equipment in the lab.

It has been a good day and I think we are all getting some things figured out.  We know how to use more of the stuff in our apartment, we know where to shop, we know how to take the bus to/from campus.  Not many people here speak a lot of English and since I know no Spanish it makes it challenging.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Jennifer!

It sounds like you are having quite an experience! Donnamarie sent me the link for your blog so I can check to see what you are doing! I'll be interested in knowing more about the culture and countryside.

I'll think of you when I am stamping for the SU convention!

Sue Anderson