Saturday, July 26, 2008

My two pesos

We have had a completely rich time here in Chile. I will share a couple of thoughts before signing off and returning the the U.S.

When visiting a K-12 school on Thursday I came across a quote that resonated with me and provides motivation for future language efforts. The quote said "the limits of my language mean the limits of my world", Ludwig Wittgenstein, Austrian 1889. I think Jen and Nicole would agree that because of our nascent grasp of Spanish we were somewhat limited in the experiences we were able to have. This being said, I feel that we broke through many barriers with the new friendships we made with what I have come to call the "Chilean contingent".

I could not have asked for a more welcoming and accommodating partnership than the one we have had with the research team within the electrochemistry lab at PUCV. They will be missed. Here is a photo of the teamAlso noteworthy would be the pleasure it has been working with two consummate professional educators and fearless world travelers (Nicole and Jen). Since this was a pilot program I could only foresee so many things. Nicole and Jen took everything in stride and were critical to making the experience the success it was. Until next time......

No comments: