Thursday, July 10, 2008

A photo post of sorts

As one of my tasks I have tried to make sure everything goes as smoothly as possible during our time in Chile. A lot of behind the scenes activity that takes some time but is not all work. On one of my side trips I was following up on a lead for lunch that took me to Puerto Baron. This is a decommissioned port that is kind of museum/park which affords an incredible view of the hills of Valparaiso (those pictures to come later). At any rate, I found a restaurant or two and was provided a new perspective on the city and history of this historic port town.
"Catolica" as it is referred to is a bustling university. The activity level seems to be heightened due to the end of the current term coming on Friday. The middle two weeks of July are considered the winter holiday for Chilean academic institutions.
Our office

Getting down to business!
The next picture I am finding is where the true richness of the International Research Experience for Teachers (IRET) pilot is going to come from. Between lab tests there is ample time to compare cultures and languages which invariably provides good humor and camaraderie. Jennifer and Nicole can share more specifics if they would like but what I have seen to date has been very rich. Tomorrow we leave for La Serena and then on to Vicuna to take a tour of Cerro Tololo- http://www.ctio.noao.edu/. Until next time.

No comments: